UKAS audit success
Enquin is delighted to have been successful in its recent annual UKAS surveillance audit. This was the second surveillance visit since the 2015 re-assessment audit, maintaining our UKAS accreditation status for Asbestos Testing and Inspection activities as part of the four year UKAS audit cycle. This accreditation is formal, third party recognition of competence to perform specific activities which include:
- Management Surveys
- Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys
- Priority Assessments
- Reinspections of identified or suspected asbestos containing material in surveyed premises
- Fibre counting
- Sampling of air for fibre counting
- 4 stage clearance process
- Identification of Amosite, Chrysotile, Crocidolite. Fibrous Actinolite, Fibrous Anthophyllite, Fibrous Tremolite
- Sampling of bulk materials for asbestos identification
It is important to check the schedule associated with each accreditation to understand exactly what elements an organisation is accredited for.
Steve Jones, Enquin Environmental’s Technical Manager commented:
“Maintaining our UKAS accreditation means we can continue to demonstrate to our clients that we have been successful at meeting the stringent requirements of international standards ISO 17020 & ISO 17025, showing our competence, impartiality and performance capability. By selecting a UKAS accredited laboratory or inspection body, our client can make an informed choice about a proven, competent organisation.”
For more information and to view all our accreditations, please visit our website here.