- BSc (Hons) Environmental Risk Management
- BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos
- UKAS Laboratory Management Qualification
- BOHS W504 Asbestos and Other Fibres
- P401 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in the Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples (PLM)
- P402 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos
- P403 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Asbestos Fibre Counting (PCM)
- P404 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Air Sampling of Asbestos and MMMF and Requirements for a Certificate of Reoccupation following Clearance of Asbestos
- P405 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Management of Asbestos Buildings
- P406 BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Supervision and Management of the Safe Removal and Disposal of Asbestos
- IOSH Managing Safely
- ARCA Licensed Asbestos Contract Manager
- ARCA Risk Assessments & Plans of Work
- RPE Competent Person
- NCRQ Certificate in Applied Health & Safety
- The Management of Asbestos at Work (HSWA, MHSW Regs, CAR 2012 and ACOPS)
- CSCS Operatives Health and Safety Test
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- DCWW / Welsh Water Blue Card
Stephen graduated with a degree in Environmental Risk Management where he completed his dissertation on the Health Risk of Chrysotile Asbestos and its Substitutes.
He has over 14 years’ experience within the asbestos industry commencing with a surveying/analytical role which has ensured that he knows the industry from the ground up.
Stephen has recently re-joined as Operations Manager where his main responsibility will be to manage the day to day activities of site staff, ensuring operations are undertaken as efficiently as possible while meeting all client and regulatory requirements/guidance.
Stephen will also act as a Project Manager as required and undertake site assessments, provision of quotations and contract review.
He has worked as the Technical Manager for a Licensed Asbestos Removal Contractor and was responsible for achieving a 3 year HSE License and ensuring Contract Managers, Supervisors and Operatives worked in accordance with current legislation and guidance and undertook tasks safely and competently – both at planning and site stages.
He was also involved in scoping and planning asbestos removal works and providing advice both internally and externally to Clients, also undertaking some contract management of projects including contaminated land remediation, nuclear power stations, MOD sites and Local Authorities.
At his previous role as Technical Manager at Enquin Environmental, Stephen was responsible for the technical quality of asbestos testing, surveying and consultancy work within the organisation, ensuring the company maintained UKAS accreditation in line with the requirements of international standards ISO 17025 and ISO 17020.
His other duties included implementing the current TEAMS software system that is in use, maintaining the annual audit program, undertaking survey rechecks, staff training and maintaining training records. Identifying approved suppliers of stock and equipment and the calibration and maintenance of equipment are also part of his role.
Stephen was also responsible for internal and external quality control schemes during this time such as RICE and AIMS.
- Day to day planning of activities of site staff
- Project management
- Advice to clients on regulations, compliance and remedial works
- Management Surveys and Refurbishment/Demolition Surveys in accordance with HSG 264
- Asbestos management plans
- Asbestos removal specifications
- Air monitoring
Stephen has a wide variety of management skills including quality control, auditing and project management and is part of the organisations senior management team.