UKATA Asbestos Non-Licensed Groundworker
(Limited to 6 delegates)
The course offers an introduction to non-licensed work with asbestos with a bespoke element for Groundworkers. It gives an overview of health effects, details of protective equipment, legislation and safe working practices. It includes a multiple choice exam.
This course will assist delegates to meet their legal obligations when undertaking work with Non-Licensed Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s) contained or presumed in soils or below ground and other Notifiable Non-Licensed Works (NNLW).
Who should attend?
In particular, it should be given to site investigation engineers, utilities installation and maintenance engineers, ground work operatives, including ground drilling and manual excavations, fencing installation, on site remediation and waste disposal, or any other persons likely to disturb asbestos containing materials as defined in CAR 2012 and JIWG CAR-SOIL 2016.
To provide delegates with the theoretical and practical knowledge to undertake non-licensed work with ACM’s
- Asbestos Awareness for Groundworkers (if not previously given)
- Asbestos in Soils Origins
- Distinction between LW, NLW and NNLW
- Explanation of the different types of works that can be undertaken and classified as NLW
- Typical types of contamination that can be found below ground level
- Isolation of areas, cordoned off areas, contaminated zones, access and egress points, clear instructions on working practices such as hand picking/machine removal, decontamination of machinery, wetting techniques, assessments of exposure relating to ground disturbance
- Additional legislation
- Risk Assessments and plans of work (EM0)
- Accidental disturbance / Emergency Procedures (EM1)
- Information, Instruction and Training (EM2)
- Use of Class H Vacuum (EM 4)
- Use of Wetting control measures (EM 5)
- Personal protective equipment (EM 6)
- Cleaning (EM 7)
- Decontamination (EM 8)
- Waste (EM 9)
- Full course (including asbestos awareness) = 1.5 days
- Course where asbestos awareness for groundworkers undertaken previously = 1 day
- 1.5 days = £1,350.00 + VAT in-house for up to 6 delegates
- 1 day = £795.00 + VAT in-house for up to 6 delegates
(plus any disbursements)
Course fees include UKATA Registration, Certificate. ID badges are available at an additional charge.
This course is available in-house at a location of your choice or at our Cardiff Training Centre.
Upon successful completion of the course all delegates will receive a UKATA Asbestos Non-Licensed Groundworker Certificate.
This course is CPD registered and the respective number of hours will appear on your certificate.
Download the one day Asbestos Non-Licensed Groundworker Syllabus
Download the in house course booking form
Here’s what our clients say:
“I realised during the training how important it is to consider asbestos during my daily work routine.“
“Clear, precise and informative, I’ll be even more mindful and aware in future”
“Topic was broken down into easy to understand sections from friable to less friable materials”
“Very well presented on a difficult topic”
” First class, couldn’t be better”