UKATA Asbestos Awareness (Cat A)
(Limited to 15 delegates)
The half day Asbestos Awareness Training course offers an introduction to asbestos, an overview of health effects, details of protective equipment, legislation and safe working practices. It includes a multiple choice exam.
Who should attend?
Asbestos awareness training should be given to employees whose work could foreseeably disturb the fabric of the building and expose them to asbestos or those who supervise or influence the work.
In particular, it should be given to those workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades where it is foreseeable that Asbestos Containing Materials ( ACMs) may become exposed during their work.
To raise awareness and develop an employee’s knowledge about the risks and hazards posed by asbestos containing materials.
- An introduction to asbestos; history, types, uses
- Legislation and safe working practices
- Overview of the health effects
- How to deal with an asbestos emergency
- How to avoid the risk from asbestos
- Multiple choice exam
Open course cost:
£50.00 + VAT per delegate
(plus any disbursements)
UKATA Asbestos Awareness certificate to all successful delegates
This course is CPD registered and 4 CPD hours will appear on your certificate.
Open Course Dates – Cardiff
- Thursday 24 January 2019 – 9.00am-1.00pm
- Tuesday 9 April 2019 – 9.00am-1.00pm
- Thursday 11 July 2019 – 9.00am-1.00pm
- Tuesday 15 October 2019 – 9.00am-1.00pm
This course is also available in-house at a location of your choice.
Course fees include UKATA Registration and Certificate. ID badges are available on request.
Download Asbestos Awareness Syllabus
Download Open course booking form
Download In-House booking form